Wednesday, June 21, 2017

'This is the moment' a new layout for Vintage Card Cafe

Hi girls. I was invited by the lovely ladies over at 'Vintage Card Cafe'
to be a Guest Designer for one of their challenges about travel, and I began 
daydreaming about voyages to exotic lands far away....

'This is the moment'


A photo of a beautiful old doorway help me set the mood for my page. I wanted to create
a background inspired by the texture of these crumbling walls. I was also going for an earthy
look so I added a lot of natural elements like twigs, fabric, sisal and seashells,
and of course lots of messy watercolors. I used an older Prima collection that I really love,
the colors are so beautiful, I adore brown purple and pink all together.

Here is this month's challenge:


For more info, please go here.
These are the sweetest girls ever, and if you love a shabby style,
then you'll love the work on this blog.

Here are a few details:


Working on my backgrounds are my favourite part of designing a page, and
I'm always trying to think of new ways to really build up lots of layers of textures,
it's just one of the things I really love about 'scrap art' as I like to call it.
It's not hard to do, just try incorporating anything you have on hand. I've been using 
lots of cotton laces and fabric scraps lately, and I think it adds another dimension to a design.
Another thing I love is building lots of layers with watercolors inks and heavy gesso. 
Here I used some textured sand paste through a stencil, and then heated it with my
heat tool until the gesso bubbles and cracks, voila! Great textures for your inks to run through.




Thanks for the invitation! I hope you join in the challenge :)
Lisa xo

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...