Saturday, June 17, 2017

'Strand, London'

Good morning my crafty ladies, I have another layout to share made
with the beautiful May Scraps of Elegance kit 'Mix'd Media'.

'Strand, London'


 Even though this kit is actually called 'Mix'd Media', I wanted to try  a different look for this layout,
one not so weighted down by mediums, but free of them. All I added was a bit of 
watercolor on the background, and then created a lot of layers with the Blue Fern
Studios 'Happy Accident' papers and some vintage ephemera. 
These papers are so beautiful with so much going on, that I wanted to let the paper itself
 really shine. I also used the Blue Fern Studios chipboard pieces from the same collection and some
of the Tim Holtz ephemera from the Elements Add On.

To find out where to buy our kits, please go here,
and don't forget to check out our blog for loads of inspiration on
what to do with our kits! We have two kits that come out each month,
and you won't want to miss them :)
And don't forget to share your creations with our kits in our facebook group
which you can find here. We love to see what you create!

Here are a few close ups:


I used to design for Blue Fern Studios and I've been raiding my stash lately
whenever I get the chance to design with their paper collections. Here I added
some of my all time favourite chipboard pieces called 'Marakkesh Panel'
that I first covered in gesso and then colored using the same watercolors
that are in my background.




 I am totally addicted to the vintage stuff I find at estate sales, and last weekend I went 
to a great one where I found some old pillowcases with beautiful cotton lace.
Here I ripped off the eyelet trim and added it down my page, love how it looks.

Thanks for the visit!
Hugs, Lisa xox



2 comments:

  1. Lisa, this LO is perfect! I love all th details in the layers and color combo is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout!!!
    So very beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...