Wednesday, April 13, 2016

...a little birdie told me....

Cheerio my crafty girls! I'm taking a moment to share with you my very first creation 
with the lovely new kit from Scraps of Elegance called 'Wonderful'.


One of the things I've noticed in creating layouts over the years, is that the pages of mine that I like the most somehow have taken design clues straight from the papers I use. In this case, even though these gorgeous papers by Fabscraps with the soft blues, pinks and browns screamed shabby chic,  when I saw the black ink markings down the sides and around the edges of this paper,  I decided to create something really pretty but with an edge of darkness to it. Another design tip I followed is repeating the look of the black lines with a stencil and heavy white gesso to add texture and to further emphasize that feature of the paper. I often spend a few days just staring at the kit papers and try to let them 'talk' to me...ok, now you're thinking, she's lost her mind! lol I just thought I'd share some tips and tricks as to what I believe results in a design that your happy with in the end and one that 'works'. Creating a harmonious overall look by repeating design elements creates a visual rhythm to your work that's pleasing to the eye.  Of course, so many things happen a long the way while you're creating a page that aren't planned, and that's great too!

Here is the beautiful kit for April...


These kits sell like hotcakes so the best thing to do is become a subscriber...
more info on that here, And don't forget to check out our blog here.

Some close ups...


I used the Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder called 'Cosmic Blue 
Violet' on the Blue Fern Studios chipboard 'Small Spring Iris'
the vertical lines played into my design perfectly :)


The 'Bird in Cage' stamp is so adorable I loved it. I used both the little saying and 
 the bird cage stamp all around the page. I also used the BoBunny Laser Cut Chipboard 
Tag: 'Trellis', the BoBunny 'Secret Garden' collection brads from the 'Elements' kit add-on, 
and the pink Prima 'Slate' flowers from the 'Floral' add-on.


See you soon,  Lisa xo










7 comments:

  1. What reassonates with me is how you worked your beautiful composition in with the design of the paper....genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vertical design and how you incorporated it in the paper! This is another stunner Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so loveeeeeeee your pages!! they are Always so very gorgeous! I wish I could create pages like this....Stunning work my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo love this one!!! Simply stunning. As always...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this page for the colors and the beautiful way you put the things together! ! You are so inspiring! !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous as always :-) and thank you for the design tips... i actually needed that reminder. I have had the "fear of the blank page", and reading your post was just what i needed. :-) i love how your layouts incorporate the papers' design layout. I noticed you did that with the Prima Vintage Emporium paper. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...