Friday, May 22, 2015

'amour' a new layout for Kiev Skrapklub

Hello girls...Happy friday! Soooo glad we are coming up on Memorial Day weekend! 
I hope everyone has a wonderful, relaxing day with hopefully some creative time squeezed in there.
I was invited by the girls over at Kiev Skrapklub to Guest Design this month using one of their beautiful sketches and this is what I came up with....

'amour'


I started with some of the 'Timeless Memories' Prima paper for my base and added torn strips of various papers in the background, then using a Tim Holtz swirl mask spread some gesso around the page. While the gesso is still wet, I added some Prima glass beads. Then I added some layers of chipboard, a bit of lace and some flowers.

Here is the new sketch...

 

For more info on this challenge please go here...
My creativity has been coming in fits and starts these past few weeks....trying out some new things, not being happy with the results...does that ever happen to any of you?
That's why I am so in love with sketches and challenges...they sort of guide me through all the millions of ideas in my head and help me focus :)
Here are a few close ups...


I love this Prima paper collection! Beautiful subtle patterns in the background...
I played off of the very light blues and toffee colors in the paper with some 13 arts inks.



Thank you so much for every visit and comment...
sometimes your kind words help me get through when I feel 'stuck'...
And also a big shoutout to all my new blog readers...welcome!!! 
One of the best parts of creating art is sharing it :)

Hugs, Lisa xo








11 comments:

  1. It´s magical!! Love your mysterious photos! Adorable color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This page is just so beautiful ! Captivating photo and amazing subtle, yet bold use of colour (as always). Every tiny detail is perfect.....you have such a skill for this Lisa. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do feel that way at times. But I push on anyways. And I'm a big fan [oh, you NOTICED!!!] of challenges.....I just feel, for me, it's the way I find it's an easy way to 'direct' my creativity. AND sometimes it forces me to do stuff I would normally would not. Which is FUN:) Loooooove to death [well, almost!] those layers under the photo....& those beads. YUM!! I think this one is as close to perfection as I can imagine a page being. But that's just my humble opinion!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Lisa - your art is absolutely beautiful. Every time. All the tiny little details, (sigh) WOW. When I see what you create I feel so inspired. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa this is yet another beautiful page! The way you work with color is phenomenal and what more can I say about all the little details? There are so many layers to explore and all lead to an amazingly balanced page! Love this one too!
    Talking about ideas, it sometimes happens to me. Tried something new, didn't work out but I hop next time it will. Until that time comes, we will sure have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic lo!!!Perfect colours, perfect photo,perfect details!!! Love it...You're an inspiration to all beginners and not only...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely rich decadent layers and done so superbly. Love the colors you used on this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an amazing piece! I love the colour combo and the layers. How DO you get your beads "just right" every time? So talented xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing!!!! Beautiful photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowsers....so amazing and stunning! Your work is so divine! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...